We invite you to organize a SMS Conference Extension! The following provides an overview of the structure and requirements of these topical workshops held in conjunction with the SMS Annual Conference:
- Takes place at a venue that is within 1-2 hour’s travel time of the SMS Annual Conference location, or is held virtually.
- One-day event, approximately 6-8 hours of programming (virtual Extensions are allowed shorter durations)
- Held within 3 days prior to or following the SMS Annual Conference (virtual Extensions may be held up to 10 days before the conference). No Extensions will be held during the Annual Conference.
- A very limited number of Extensions will be offered; we anticipate around 4-5. Proposed Extensions will be reviewed and selected by the Conference Program Chairs.
- In addition to the requirement that Extensions have a thematic tie to the Annual Conference theme, there are two new selection criteria that the Program Chairs will look for:
- Strong practitioner-involved programming, such as a visit to a local corporate headquarters or academic-practitioner roundtables
- Demonstrated thematic tie to one of the Six Big Questions of Strategic Management
Please submit your proposal, collects information on prospective organizers, theme, dates, location, and costs, by February 21, 2024. For additional details that will help in creating your proposal, visit the Extensions page on the SMS website.